Add templates and blocks
A Sentinel Web Dashboard consists of pages called templates. Templates are made up of blocks. Blocks can contain the following objects: Report, Control, Control panel, Metric, Metric panel, Strategy map, External session, Text session.
To add a template or block, you need to be in Dashboard design > Dashboard under the Design tab.
- Select the Add Template button .
- Select a template layout from the pop up and click OK.
- The layout is applied to the template and is displayed. Each box in the layout represents a block.
- Select one of the blocks.
- A pop up dialog displays to allow you to configure the entire template and the block you clicked to open the dialog box.
- Specify the following template properties:
- Background image - Must be an image file located in the user's Theme, which is accessible from the Look and feel section of the main menu.
- Specify the following block properties:
|Block's header display
||Choose from the following:
Choose the kind of data you want to display in this block from this list:
- Control panel
- Metric panel
- Strategic map
- External component
||The name of the document to be displayed in this block.
|Dynamic link target block
||Choose the target block of the dynamic link. This option is only useful with links that open reports; therfore, when you select the link, you can specify the block the report will be opened.
If the dynamic link is defined to open a dashboard, the Dynamic link target block option has no effect.
||Specify the position of the block on the dashboard.
Specify the size of the block.
||Specify how often the dashboard should be refreshed. The auto-refresh setting is only available if the Refresh delay option was enabled on the Description tab.
PDF of the Web Dashboard User Guide